Monday 21 July 2014

July Favourites

 Sunday 20th JulyEngland, Rain

I'm trying not to let July end dismally, because as I write this I'm looking out to solids banks of dark grey clouds. So I baked a cake, figuring that I couldn't possibly write a depressing post whilst the warm scent of freshly baked Victoria Sponge wafts about the kitchen. What better way to spend a Sunday than to pretend I'm a domestic goddess? 

Here are my July Favourites


1. Bourjois Java Rice Powder. This powder was brought on a whim after reading reviews that dubbed it as a dupe for the Hourglass illuminating powders - at a fraction of the cost I couldn't go wrong. It's great for setting a whole face of make-up to create a subtle glow, or use for brightening the under eye area. It smells antique, in a good way, like how your Grandmother's powder compacts used to smell. 

2. Vitamin E Serum-In-Oil. I'm a mahoosive fan of the Vitamin E collection at Body Shop, so after crowning their Face Mist as a product I could not live without, I was excited to try this serum-in-oil. This stuff is like beauty sleep in a bottle, 'nuff said. I use it every evening before moisturising, and even my Dad complimented how glowing my skin looked - win!.

3. Soap & Glory Thick & Fast. You know that product you just keep coming back to? Thick & Fast, I love you - you've got my back, you don't clump my lashes together. 

4. Essie Play-date. I've been completely and utterly obsessed with this varnish for the past month - the colour, the application, it's perfect.

5. Grapefruit. It smells delicious and tastes even better. Too much grapefruit has been consumed this July.

6. Quinoa. Possibly the best discovery of this month, and maybe ever. This superfood is low in fats, gluten-free and full of fibre and protein. Also tastes pretty darn good. Keep your eyes peeled for a vegan recipe.

K

On a quick ending note, I'm currently resting and rejuvenating with a Pina Colada in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment