Sunday 8 December 2013

Blogmas #8 The DIY Present

Don't call me a 'cheapskate', but...

Christmas really doesn't have to cost a fortune.

I love when someone gives me a gift that they've really put thought into, I really don't need the most expensive gift in the store just because it was the first thing they saw. That in mind, I also love giving presents that I've put thought into. So this year for my parents I thought I would get a bit creative (thanks pinterest). 

I made a Mr. & Mrs. Display plate with their anniversary of on it. I was going to write all the important dates like the first time they met, when they got engaged and all that, but of course my Mum has the memory of a goldfish! And the best part it, it's so simple. All you need is a plate, mug, what ever tickles your fancy, and a Sharpie! Once you've drawn on what you want, stick it in the oven for 20 minutes on around 200 degrees and wallah, it's completely dish-washer proof, permanent.



(Sorry for the totes crap picture quality, it's just like me to forget that I haven't taken a picture of it before I wrap it up - at least I know who I get my terrible memory off.)

I'm also going to bake some of their favourite Christmas treats for a little extra! 

Merry Blogmas 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment