Monday 23 December 2013

Blogmas #23 The Gingerbread House

My plan this season wasn't necessarily to turn into a domestic goddess, but such things happen.

Can you believe I've never made a gingerbread house? Up until this year I had never carved a pumpkin! And seeing as anything arty and intricate is my type of thing, I decided to take on the challenge of making one from scratch. And this wasn't just going to be a small one with a basic design, oh no, I went all out. (P.S. Don't ask me how I did it, I have no flipping clue.)

I measured out templates, cooked batches upon batches of gingerbread, and made myself well and truly sick on royal icing. If I never see gingerbread again it'll be too soon. Weeks of prep, plenty of photo's repinned on pinterest, and high hopes of my family crowning me 'domestic goddess' and bowing down at my baking skills. Luckily for me, it didn't go disastrous.


(I used liquorice catherine wheels as stepping stones, and lightly dusted icing sugar to give the impression that snow had settled on the rooftop).

Merry Blogmas
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment