Monday 9 September 2013

Blogtember Day 5

Hello Dolls,

I'm going to be honest with you, I cheated - or at least I'm about to cheat. Day 5's prompt was to take a personality test, which I have done, planned it all out and left it in the car. Errgghhh (just ignore me turning into an ogre). So I thought that whilst I had already written out Day 6, that I would be a little cheeky and swap the days round. So forgive me, and enjoy!

Monday 9th September,

Describe a distinct moment when your life took a change.

There’s probably a lot of times that my life has changed dramatically, being a bit of a drama queen and all that, but right now, I'm stuck. I look back and everything that once seemed like a big deal has all smoothed over now. Tearful nights and arguements all seem a bit silly now, and defiantly not worth repeating. I've never had life or death situations. In fact the biggest problems I face on a day to day basis are 'is this lipstick to matchy-matchy with this outfit?'. But the one moment that really seemed change everything wasn’t really one “moment” but rather a few months. Have you guys met Ellie?

We met in school, and for the first few years we didn’t take any notice of each other because we had  different friendship groups (our school was completely cliqued). Like most teenage girls, we both fell out with various people in our groups. One thing led to another and we were hanging out in the same group. It must have been our love for shopping that drew us together.

We’ve been best friends for just over 3 years now, and never once can I remember having an argument with her that meant we never talked for a few days, that no one had to take sides and we didn’t demand all our stuff back and delete each other on Facebook. We disagree, yes, and we bicker like an old, married couple, but we never take offense. We just tend to ignore it, everyone is entitle to their own opinions of course. And touch wood it’s going to stay like that.

Suddenly, I wasn't a little tomboy anymore (I know right, ew?), I was girly and I started wearing make-up and enjoyed dressing nicely. So to be annoyingly cheesy, this friendship made me into the girl I am today - the one who blogs about fashion and beauty. 

And Ellie isn’t the only amazing friend I have. I’m lucky to be surrounded by another two amazing friends everyday. Meet Pickle (Catherine) and Emma. My group is so supportive of each other (which defiantly helps when I have to cancel arrangements last minutes for castings – thank you, Chickas!).




Always leave a little sparkle wherever you go, Kay xo

No comments:

Post a Comment