Thursday 31 January 2013

Beauty Buys / January

Good Evening Dolls, or morning I suppose depending on where you're reading from.

Oh dear, is it already the end of January and I haven't blogged this whole year? I don't know how I manage this, I sit down and write half a post, promise myself the next day I'll come back and finish it, and then what happens? I don't. Ah well. As always, please enjoy what little you may or may not be able to read from me. And considering it is the end of January, I thought I'd give you a small insight into my Beauty Buys...

Simple, Spotless skin anti-blemish moisturiser.






Way back in October/November - everything comes a bit of a blur, really - my skin literally erupted. I'm not even joking. One week I went from clear skin, not a spot in sight to breaking out like crazy. At the time it was a bit of a shock, and my confidence was a little knocked. It's something you are bound to feel self-concious about, and I don't blame you for spending another 10 or so minutes in the morning but remember 2 things - not a lot of people notice your spots anyway, and they will not last forever. Anyway, my mum came along this in Sainsburys whilst buying numerous other spot treatments, I might add, and picked it up. I cannot explain how much I love this product.

It helps to fight and prevent spots with Zinc, Chamomile and Aloe Vera. I use this every morning as my daily moisturiser, so I find that through out the day spots are kept at bay and smaller breakouts can be fought against. However, it is not a miracle worker and will not get rid of spots completely. If your skin is breaking out, I recommend seeing your GP. And please don't use Clearasil or treatments like those, they contain ingredients that once you stop using them, spots will bite back hard.

The best parts about this moisturiser?

Super moisturiser and cheap. Two of the best things I've heard.

Bobbi Brown, Skin Foundation.






Possibly in the running for the best product I've ever bought.

Wow.

This foundation is amazing. It has a liquid consistency that reminds me of Baileys, so smooth and creamy, and the coverage is build-able so I can take it from day to night easily. I brought this foundation after I felt like I suffered with my bad skin to long - queue violins. I felt like I deserved perfectly clear skin once again, or at least be able to create that Megan Fox illusion and let me tell it's the best £33 I have ever spent in beauty.

I'm a firm believer in that you get what you pay for. Whilst High streets brands may have some good foundations, they don't last all day and they don't quite have that perfect, natural coverage. So save your pennies and buy a maybe more expensive foundation. You'll achieve a whole lot more with your skin.

I wish I had the confidence to post a photo of before and after I've put my foundation on, but I'm not ready to bare all for you on here. But I am not lying when I say that my chin goes from an angry red to completely normal. Talk about a 5 minute quick fix.

MAC, Lady Danger.





This Lipstick took weeks to get my little paws on.

Before Christmas I went to a Dior event in Selfridges and fell in-love with this Lipstick after spotting it at the MAC counter. Stupidly, I didn't realise it was only on sale in Selfridges, so when I went in to a MAC local to me I was so dissapointed. The hunt, in theory, began. When I did finally spot it again, I had spent all my money. Totally typical. The thought of ordering online hadn't even occured to me, but my little hunt soon ended and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Lady Danger is a bold, matte, orange/red colour. I think it makes a change to wearing just a flat red Lipstick. This one adds that little pop of adventure and it really suits paler skin - bonussss. So if you wanted to go for a change, I would definatly recommend this. However, I can't quite rave about the stay-put factor.

Umberto Giannini, Indulgent Beauty Moisture Mask.





What do I look forward to most every week? Wednesday evenings hair mask.

I may sound sad, but I love waking up Thursday with silky smooth, golden locks. And considering the treatment only takes 3 minutes, it sounds perfect, right?

I brought this hair mask in boots after a friend ever so kindly revealed all my split-ends to me. And along with some dry shampoo, I had only spent £8. So great for the hair, and not too bad for the bank either.

I would definatly recommend this to those people whose hair is looking a little worse for wear, and to those who generally like to keep their hair in tip-top condition.

Until next time, Au Revoir,

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment